Saturday, August 04, 2012

The Transformation

It's been much to long since my last post...I am terrible at keeping up with this! The summer has been so busy and I can't even believe it's August 4th already. But that means we're only 29 days away from our trip to London and the South of France.

As promised, here's an update on the dining room transformation

We started with carpet on the floor, yellow walls and boring beige drapes.


We can finally see the room coming together and getting rid of that terrible yellow!



This is the finished room...yay 1 room finished in the house! Only 7 more to go!!

We used CIL DUO paint and had a custom color mixed so I don't even have a name for it. It's supposed to be a pale green but shows up a little more yellow depending on the light. I don't have anything against yellow, but I just wasn't feeling that previous shade.

You can see how it looks more green against the yellow in the picture above.

The white paint is Glidden semi-gloss, which we also used on the baseboards, chair rail and window trim.
We still have to install the picture frame trims on the white part of the wall to complete it.



The light fixture was left by the previous owners and I actually like it so it's staying. It might get moved to the master bedroom eventually, but for now it works well enough in the room.

We have the drapes from our townhouse, as well as the Paris postcard canvas and the 3 black and white pictures I took in New York City.


My mother in law picked us up a set of these placemats and napkins from Home Depot. They were on sale for $1 for a set of 2, reduced from $8. She got us 4 sets of 2. They are actually for outdoor use, but I like how they look in the dining room.



We found this wine rack at a flea market a few years ago and it was in great condition. We love wine, however the rack is empty only because we keep them in the wine fridge.

You can also see how fabulous these hardwood floors look. The hand-scraped look brings a little bit of rustic to the room, which we both love.



There you have it folks, the (almost) finished dining room! The only thing I need to look for is a centerpiece. I am not sure what direction I am going with that yet, but potential something with color to bring in an accent color to the room.

1 comment:

  1. Stunning quest there. What occurred after? Thanks!

    My web blog: pirater un compte facebook

    ReplyDelete