Hello everyone!
I have been reading lots of blogs lately and have been thinking about starting my own! So here it is…still new at this and figuring it all out.
When I finally decided to get it all started I realized I had to come up with a title for my blog. I wrote down a few options that I liked and started typing them in one by one…and one by one I crossed them off the list because they were already taken. I finally found one that was available that I actually liked. So there you have it my new blog titled “In the Life of K & B”. Ever since hubby and I started dating, we called ourselves Team KB. Sure it’s a little cheesy, but really that’s what we are…a team. I even got it engraved in my engagement band, so I’m always reminded of it! awwww how cute eh haha
I don’t want to make this too long, but I feel like I should give you guys a few tidbits on myself. I moved to Ontario in 2008 after hubby got a job here as a pilot flying out of the Hamilton Airport.
® We have an American Eskimo named Nikka who is as sweet as can be…but can get herself into trouble from time to time. But life would not be the same without her white fluff balls floating around the house!
® Our first house was purchased in 2009; an end unit townhouse with views of the escarpment, but of course we are now looking to upgrade to a detached house!
® I am a newlywed, if you can still call it that! I got married September 4th, 2010…so it has been over a year now and it has been amazing.
® I am a daughter; my parents have been married for 30 years…that seems to be unheard of these days. People get divorced after 1 year of marriage nowadays.
® I am a sister; I have a younger sister and brother.
® I have a sister-in-law and a wonderful set of in laws who also have been married for about 35 years!
® I love wine; hubby and I like to do all those wine festivals and open a nice bottle of wine on the weekend with friends.
® I like to cook and then eat the food I cook; hubby and I really enjoy preparing dinner together, trying new recipes and cooking for friends and family.
® I like DIY stuff;
1. So far we have refinished our bedroom furniture made of solid wood. They were a “not so nice” oak color so we spent a few weeks sanding them down and staining them dark walnut.
2. We refinished a night table for our guest room and a little desk for our entrance. We bought these at a barn sale in Beamsville.
3. We had also found a set of 6 antique chairs at the barn sale which we got for about $120. We painted them white and recovered the fabric seat. We put a new piece of foam on each since the seat was originally stuffed with straw or something weird like that.
4. My in-laws gave us an old solid wood dining table, which we updated with a nice coat of dark stain to match the rest of our décor.
® I am learning to sew; I finished my first project over the weekend- I added a border to my boring white drapes in the guest room.
® I love to travel; since we have been together (5 years now) we have been on 4 trips.
1. A Caribbean Cruise and Miami, where hubby proposed to me.
2. Fiji and Los Angeles for our honeymoon
3. New York City the month after our wedding
4. Ireland for our one year anniversary this past September
5. Planning a trip in September to France
I guess I can keep going but really that’s a good mishmash of who I am! You’ll get to know more about me as time goes on! Hope you will stick around long enough to find out.
This is my sweet little girl Nikka...she 's pretty and she knows it!

Hey Kathleen! i just read your first post. Welcome to the blogging world! You're gonna love it :)
ReplyDeleteP.s Nikka is absolutely stunning!
Thanks for the welcome! I'm still trying to figure a few things out, but it's going well so far!
Delete