Ever since I was a kid I loved doing arts and crafts! My mom always took the time to find fun crafts to make for Christmas for my teachers at school or to keep me occupied at home. Hopefully I will be the same type of mom for my future little ones J Thanks mom!
Things haven’t really changed much, because I still love crafting, but in a more sophisticated way now. I have no many scrapbooking supplies, but to be honest I haven’t had the chance to use them very much. I made a scrapbook for a few trips I took about 7 years ago, but really haven’t had the chance to work on any recently.
My plan is to put one together with the wedding pictures that guests took. I designed an album on Shutterfly for my professional pictures and it turned out amazing! But I want to do something with some of the more candid party photos…those are good memories too you know! My mom bought me a nice wedding scrapbooking set, complete with paper, words and stickers so I need to start gathering some pictures and get going on that.
I also received a sewing machine from my parents for Christmas and I can’t wait to have some projects to use it for.
I don’t exactly have a functional space for crafting and scrapbooking at the moment. We didn’t do much with our office, since we knew we wouldn’t be staying in our townhouse for very long. Hopefully in our next house I will be able to create a more functional space!
Here are some craft/hobby spaces I found that really get me excited!!
This vibrant craft room was featured in the March 2009 issue of House and Home Magazine.
I love the large work table and the upper storage cabinets. The yellow wallpaper also adds a funky touch. This would definitely be a space to get inspired in!
I was so excited when Sarah Richardson designed a craft room in the last season of Sarah's House!
Even more exciting- most of this room comes from IKEA, which mean if someone would want to recreate this look, it would be easy to find the pieces, not to mention affordable!
I love the feature bulletin board wall covered in fabric. It really accents that wall and allows it to be functional at the same time.
This pegboard wall created by Better Homes and Gardens can really allow you to organize all your scrapbooking materials; from stickers, to scissors.
You can even paint the pegboard any color to match the design of your room.
This space allows you to set up your sewing machine on one table and have cabinets for storage and counter space for gift wrapping.
Here are a few more fun spaces!
| Source |
No comments:
Post a Comment