Thursday, February 23, 2012

Oh the Places we will go...


For the last 2 years hubby and I have been taking our vacation in September. Tourism season is lower because the big summer rush has passed and places are less crowded!
In 2010 we went on our honeymoon to Fiji, Viti Levu and had a wonderful time together.
In 2011 we travelled to Ireland and both fell in love with it! Both having Irish in our blood, we always wanted to visit Ireland and I can’t think of a better person I would have wanted to visit it with. We saw so many beautiful things and met some wonderful people at each Bed and Breakfast that we stayed in.
Now we are starting to think about our September 2012 trip and I'm getting excited! Originally our plan was to go to Argentina and then for some reason it changed to France and we kind or sat on that. Then we started thinking about Thailand (we both really want to go) but realized that September is monsoon season, so that probably wouldn't be a good time, which makes me sad :(


Then B brought up Hong Kong and China, and then more we thought about it the more we got excited! We would have quite a bit of research to do before going to make sure we know all the laws and travel requirements. 


I think this would definitely be a trip different from any other. It would be a completely different experience and unlike anything we have seen before. We do plan on starting a family after this trip (very excited about that next phase in our life), so I think this is an appropriate trip to take before having children. 


We're going to head over to Indigo tomorrow to check out some travel books!


Here are a few awesome pictures of Hong Kong







Victoria Harbour Light Show

Giant Buddha

Hong Kong Global Geopark of China



And Here are some of China

The Great Wall of Badaling

The Forbidden City


Longhua Temple




The are so many beautiful places in the world and it's hard to decide where to go next, but all I know is that B is the perfect travel partner and we travel really well together, so we will have fun wherever we go together!

Anyone have any ideas been to Hong Kong or China??
Any tips for us on travelling there and on what is a "must see"?

No comments:

Post a Comment