Everyone loves comfort food every now and then, especially in the winter. I know everyone tries to watch what they eat, including myself, but it’s all about moderation.
I made this pot pie on Sunday night and hubby loved it! This is the second time I make it and it turned out better this time because I added in the potatoes.
Ingredients:
1 tbsp Canola oil
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken breasts in small pieces
2 tbsp flour
1 onion
¾ cup of peas
¾ cup of carrots small cubes
½ cup of potatoes cut in small cubes
½ cup of low sodium chicken broth
½ cup 2% milk
¼ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Pepper
¼ tsp Dried oregano
¼ tsp Dried parsley
1/8 tsp Garlic powder
1 sheet of puff pastry (I used President’s Choice)
1 egg beaten
Serves 4
1. Heat the canola oil in a saucepan. Add the onions and cook until translucent.
2. Add the pieces of chicken breast to the pot and cook until the chicken is no longer pink.
3. Add the flour and stir until combined.
4. Add the milk and chicken broth and cook on medium heat until thickened.
5. Add the oregano, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
6. Pre-cook the veggies in the microwave until tender and add to the saucepan.
7. Stir everything together and add salt and pepper if needed.
8. Pour mixture into a baking dish (I used an 8” x 10”, but you can use smaller if you want it thicker in height)
9. Spray some cooking oil around the edges of the dish so the puff pastry doesn’t stick.
10. Place the sheet of puff pastry on top of the mixture, on the inside of the dish. Don’t cover the puff pastry over the edges, just the interior of the dish. Brush the beaten egg on the puff pastry,
11. Bake at 400 F for 20-25 minutes, until puffed and golden brown.
Hope you enjoy this one!

No comments:
Post a Comment